WordPress interview questions WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP & MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. It is most associated with blogging but supports other types of web content including more traditional mailing lists and forums, media galleries, and online stores.
|✔️ WordPress wrote In||PHP|
|✔️ WordPress is||Open-source Content Management System|
✔️ WordPress developed By
|Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little|
|✔️ WordPress Supports||Unix-like, Windows, Linux operating Systems|
|✔️ WordPress Dependencies||PHP 7 or above, HTTPS, Mysql or MariaDB, Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module|
|✔️ WordPress Current Stable release||5.5.3|
Download WordPress Latest Version:
Top 30+ WordPress Interview Questions 2021 [Updated]
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online, open-source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
When was WordPress released?
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little, as a fork of b2/catalog. The software is released under the GPLv2 (or later) license.
Minimum system requirements to run WordPress
- Disk Space: 1GB+
- Web Server: Apache or Nginx.
- Database: MySQL version 5.0. 15 or greater or any version of MariaDB.
- RAM: 512MB+
- PHP: Version 7.3 or greater.
- Processor: 1.0GHz+
Latest features of WordPress
- Publish with Ease
- Publishing Tools
- User Management
- Media Management
- Full Standards Compliance
- Easy Theme System
- Extend with Plugins
- Built-in Comments
- Search Engine Optimized
- Use WordPress in Your Language
- Easy Installation and Upgrades
- Own Your Data
What are Common WordPress Errors?
1. Parse Error/Syntax Error
2. White Screen of Death (WSoD)
3. Internal Server Error
4. 403 Error
5. Error Establishing a Database Connection
6. Connection Timed Out Error
7. Your Site’s Sidebar Appears Below the Main Content
8. You’re Unable to Upload Images
9. You’re Unable to Access the Admin Area
10. WordPress Is Stuck in Maintenance Mode
What are WordPress Security Plugins in 2021?
- Sucuri Security – Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening
- iThemes Security
- Wordfence Security
- WP fail2ban
- All In One WP Security & Firewall
- BulletProof Security
- WPScan – WordPress Security Scanner
- Google Authenticator – Two Factor Authentication
- Security Ninja
- Astra Web Security
- Shield Security
- Hide My WP
What is a plugin in the WordPress List plugin that comes with WordPress? Most askable WordPress Interview Questions?
1. Yoast SEO
4. Contact Form 7.
5. Wordfence Security.
7. All in One SEO Pack.
8. Google Analytics for WordPress.
What is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org?
The one major difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is who’s actually hosting your website. With WordPress.org, YOU host your own blog or website. WordPress.com, on the other hand, takes care of all of the hostings for you. You don’t have to download software, pay for hosting, or manage a web server.
Where is WordPress content stored?
WordPress stores uploaded images and media in the file system, but pages and posts are stored in the MYSQL database. A WordPress installation creates several folders where it stores system files. Plugins, Themes, and uploaded media are all stored under the wp_contents folder.
What are the differences between Posts and Pages?
Posts are for timely content. They have a publish date and are displayed in reverse chronological order on your blog page. They’re what you should think of when you hear the term blog post. Pages are for static, timeless content.
What are the types of hooks in WP and what are their functions?
Two kinds of hooks exist action hooks and filter hooks. Action hooks hook in actions, and filter hooks hook in filters. Filters are passed code or markup by their filter hooks; they modify what they are passed, and must return the result back for WordPress to use in its regular processing.
What is an action hook?
In WordPress theme and development, Hooks are functions that can be applied to an Action or a Filter in WordPress. … Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same.
Default tables are in WordPress?
WordPress create 12 table in his database when we install WordPress
How many types of HOOKS in WordPress?
Hooks are a way for one piece of code to interact/modify another piece of code. They make up the foundation for how plugins and themes interact with WordPress Core, but they re also used extensively by Core itself.
2 types of Hooks in WordPress
- Actions hook: It allows you to add data or change how WordPress operates. Callback functions for Actions will run at a specific point in the execution of WordPress and can perform some kind of a task, like echoing output to the user or inserting something into the database.
- Filters hook: give you the ability to change data during the execution of WordPress. Callback functions for Filters will accept a variable, modify it, and return it. They are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have side effects such as affecting global variables and output.
How to add google analytics code in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance Editor. Now click the header.php file on the right-hand side below the Templates section.
Add the Tracking Code to the header.php file
Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing </head> tag.
Then click Update File
Explain Files List for development WordPress Theme
The style.css is a stylesheet (CSS) file required for every WordPress theme. It controls the presentation (visual design and layout) of the website pages.
Enabling Right-to-left (RTL) support in WordPress
At the bottom of the hierarchy is index.php. It will be used to display any content which does not have a more specific template file attached to its name. If a template file ranks higher in the hierarchy, WordPress will automatically use that file in order to display the content in question.
Enable paged comments within WordPress by going to Settings > Discussion, and checking the box Break comments into pages. You can enter any number for the top-level comments per page. Open your comments. PHP template file and add the following line where you want the comment pagination to appear
PHP is used to render the blog posts index, whether it is being used as the front page or on a separate static page
PHP is used to render the blog posts index, whether it is being used as the front page or on a separate static page.
PHP and single.php display a feed of posts and a single post respectively.
Your WordPress theme controls the appearance of your pages by utilizing a template file called page.php
In the folder of your theme (wp-content/themes/theme-name) find the file titled category.php. Open it and copy the contents, so you can use that as a starting point for your new category template.
Used to display archive-type pages for posts in a tag.
Archive. PHP is Used to display category, date, author, tag, taxonomy, and custom post type archives. Example: Category archives can be displayed using the category.
WordPress will display the author’s information using the author.php template
wp-includes/general-template.php: get_the_date(). Retrieve the date on which the post was written.
The archive. PHP template is used to display monthly, category, tag, author, and other archive pages.
In search.php we’re going to wrap our loop inside an IF statement in case we don’t have any posts to loop through.
An attachment page ( attachment. PHP ) is a single post page with the post type of attachment, generated through the creation of an attachment. PHP. Just like a single post page, which is dedicated to your article, the attachment page provides a dedicated page in attachments in your theme.
WordPress/wp-admin/includes/image. PHP. * File contains all the administration image manipulation functions. * Crop an Image to a given size.
The first thing we need to do is start by creating a custom 404-page template. This can be done by editing the 404.php file in your WordPress theme.
Latest WordPress Interview Questions, List most commonly functions used in WordPress
- wp_nav_menu() :- Displays a navigation menu.
- is_page() :- to check if this is page OR NOT, will return boolean value.
- get_the_excerpt() :- Copy the excerpt of the post into a specified variable.
- in_category() :- Check if the specified post is assigned to any of the specified categories OR not.
- the_title():- Displays the title of the post on the website.
- the_content():- Displays the contents of the post on the website.
has_filter() add_filter() apply_filters() apply_filters_ref_array() current_filter() remove_filter() remove_all_filters()
has_action() add_action() do_action() do_action_ref_array() did_action() remove_action() remove_all_actions()
WordPress Cheat Sheet
WordPress interview question-Related WordPress Hosting Provider
- Bluehost (www.Bluehost.com)
- HostGator Managed WordPress (www.HostGator.com)
- Hosting (www.Hostinger.com)
- SiteGround (www.SiteGround.com).
- A2 Hosting (www.A2Hosting.com)
- GreenGeeks (www.GreenGeeks.com)
- DreamHost (www.DreamHost.com)
Best Dedicated Server Hosting Providers
- HostGator Best overall for dedicated server hosting.
- Bluehost Best value for money.
- In Motion Best for tech-heavy websites.
- A2 Hosting Best customer service.
- iPage Best for nothing, but okay at everything.
- GoDaddy Hosting Best bandwidth.
- DreamHost Best storage space.
WordPress Interview Questions, Where we can find Free WordPress Themes?
The WordPress theme directory is used by millions of WordPress users all over the world. Submit your theme to the official WordPress.org theme repository. Create a Theme. Want to learn how to build a great theme Read the Theme Developer Handbook to learn everything about WordPress theme development.