WordPress interview questions WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP & MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. It is most associated with blogging but supports other types of web content including more traditional mailing lists and forums, media galleries, and online stores.
Download WordPress Latest Version:
Top 120 WordPress interview questions
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
What year was WordPress released?
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little, as a fork of b2/cafelog. The software is released under the GPLv2 (or later) license.
What are minimum requiremTop 10+ Woocommerce interview questionsents to run WordPress?
? Disk Space: 1GB+
? Web Server: Apache or Nginx.
? Database: MySQL version 5.0. 15 or greater or any version of MariaDB.
? RAM: 512MB+
? PHP: Version 7.3 or greater.
? Processor: 1.0GHz+
List some features of WordPress?
- Publish with Ease
- Publishing Tools
- User Management
- Media Management
- Full Standards Compliance
- Easy Theme System
- Extend with Plugins
- Built-in Comments
- Search Engine Optimized
- Use WordPress in Your Language
- Easy Installation and Upgrades
- Own Your Data
What is a plugin in WordPress? List plugin that comes with WordPress.
1. Yoast SEO.?
4. Contact Form 7.
5. Wordfence Security.
7. All in One SEO Pack.
8. Google Analytics for WordPress.
What is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org
The one major difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is who’s actually hosting your website. With WordPress.org, YOU host your own blog or website. WordPress.com, on the other hand, takes care of all of the hosting for you. You don’t have to download software, pay for hosting, or manage a web server.
Where is WordPress content stored?
WordPress stores uploaded images and media in the file system, but pages and posts are stored in the MYSQL database. A WordPress installation creates several folders where it stores system files. Plugins, Themes and uploaded media are all stored under the wp_contents folder.
What are the differences between Posts and Pages?
Posts are for timely content. They have a publish date and are displayed in reverse chronological order on your blog page. They’re what you should think of when you hear the term ?blog post?. Pages are for static, timeless content.
What are the types of hooks in WP and what are their functions?
Two kinds of hooks exist: action hooks and filter hooks. Action hooks ?hook in? actions, and filter hooks ?hook in? filters. Filters are passed code or markup by their filter hooks; they modify what they are passed, and must return the result back for WordPress to use in its regular processing.
What is an action hook?
In WordPress theme and development, Hooks are functions that can be applied to an Action or a Filter in WordPress. … Actions are functions performed when a certain event occurs in WordPress. Filters allow you to modify certain functions. Arguments used to hook both filters and actions look the same.
Default tables are in WordPress?
WordPress create 12 table in his database when we install WordPress?
How many type of HOOKS in wordpress?
Hooks are a way for one piece of code to interact/modify another piece of code. They make up the foundation for how plugins and themes interact with WordPress Core, but they?re also used extensively by Core itself.
2 type of Hooks in wordpress
- Actions hook: It allow you to add data or change how WordPress operates. Callback functions for Actions will run at a specific point in in the execution of WordPress, and can perform some kind of a task, like echoing output to the user or inserting something into the database.
- Filters hook: give you the ability to change data during the execution of WordPress. Callback functions for Filters will accept a variable, modify it, and return it. They are meant to work in an isolated manner, and should never have?side effects?such as affecting global variables and output.
How to add google analytics code in wordpress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to?Appearance ? Editor.?Now click the header.php file on the right-hand side below the?Templates?section.
Add the Tracking Code to the header.php file
Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing </head> tag.?
Then click?Update File
Explain Files List for development WordPress Theme?
The?style.?css?is a stylesheet (CSS) file required for every?WordPress?theme. It controls the presentation (visual design and layout) of the website pages.
Enabling Right-to-left (RTL)?support in WordPress
At the bottom of the hierarchy?is index.?php. It will be used to display any content which?does?not have a more specific template file attached to its name. If a template file ranks higher in the hierarchy,?WordPress?will automatically use that file in order to display the content in question.
Enable paged?comments?within?WordPress?by going to Settings > Discussion , and checking the box ?Break?comments?into pages? . You can enter any number for the ?top level?comments?per page?. Open your?comments.?php?template file and add the following line where you want the?comment?pagination to appear
?php?is used to render the blog posts?index, whether it is being used as the?front page?or on separate static?page
?php is used to render the blog posts index, whether it is being used as the front page or on separate static page.?
php and?single.php?which display a feed of posts and a single post respectively.?
Your?WordPress?theme controls the appearance of your?pages?by utilizing a template file called?page.php
In the folder of your theme (wp-content/themes/theme-name) find the file titled category.php. Open it and copy the contents, so you can use that as a starting point for your new category template.
Used to display archive-type pages for posts in a?tag.
Archive.?php?is?Used?to display category, date, author, tag, taxonomy, and custom post type?archives. Example: Category?archives?can be displayed using the category.
WordPress?will display the authors information?using?the?author.php?template
wp-includes/general-template.php: get_the_date(). Retrieve the?date?on which the post was written.
The?archive.?php?template is used to display monthly, category, tag, author, and other?archive?pages.
In?search.php?we’re going to wrap our loop inside an IF statement?in case we don’t have any posts to loop through.?
An?attachment?page (?attachment.?php?) is a single post page with the post type of?attachment, generated through the creation of an?attachment.?php. Just like a single post page, which is dedicated to your article, the?attachment?page provides a dedicated page in?attachments?in your theme.
WordPress/wp-admin/includes/image.?php. * File contains all the administration?image?manipulation functions. * Crop an?Image?to a given size.
First thing we need to do is start by creating a custom 404 page template. This can be done by editing the?404.php?file in your?WordPress?theme.
List most commonly functions used in wordpress?
- wp_nav_menu() :- Displays a navigation menu.
- is_page() :- to check if this is page OR NOT, will return boolean value.
- get_the_excerpt() :- Copy the excerpt of the post into a specified variable.
- in_category() :- Check if the specified post is assigned to any of the specified categories OR not.
- the_title():- Displays the title of the post in website.
- the_content():- Displays the contents of the post in website.
has_filter() add_filter() apply_filters() apply_filters_ref_array() current_filter() remove_filter() remove_all_filters()
has_action() add_action() do_action() do_action_ref_array() did_action() remove_action() remove_all_actions()
WordPress Cheat Sheet?
Common WordPress Errors
- How to fix internal server error
- This site is experiencing technical difficulties
- How to fix syntax error in WordPress
- How to fix the error establishing database connection in WordPress
- How to fix WordPress white screen of death
- How to fix WordPress posts returning 404 error
- How to fix sidebar below content error in WordPress
- How to fix white text and missing buttons in WordPress visual editor
- How to fix WordPress memory exhausted error by increasing PHP memory limit
- What to do when you are locked out of WordPress admin area
- How to fix WordPress login page refreshing/redirecting issue
- How to fix image upload issue in WordPress
- How to fix common image issues in WordPress
- How to fix ?Are you sure you want to do this? error in WordPress
- How to fix briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance error in WordPress
- How to fix WordPress not sending email issue
- How to fix WordPress RSS feed errors
- How to fix 403 forbidden error in WordPress
- How to fix error too many redirects issue in WordPress
- How to fix ?Upload: failed to write file to disk? error in WordPress
- How to fix ?This site ahead contains harmful programs? error in WordPress
- How to fix missed scheduled post error in WordPress
- How to fix fatal error: Maximum execution time exceeded in WordPress
- How to fix Facebook incorrect thumbnail issue in WordPress
- How to fix WordPress keeps logging out problem
- How to Fix the Mixed Content Error in WordPress
- How to Fix Add Media Button Not Working in WordPress
- How to Fix the 502 Bad Gateway Error in WordPress
- How to Fix 503 Service Unavailable Error in WordPress
- How to Fix the 504 Gateway Timeout Error in WordPress
- How to Fix the WordPress Failed to Open Stream Error
- How to Fix the WordPress 429 Too Many Requests Error
- How to Fix the 413 Request Entity Too large Error in WordPress
- How to Turn Off PHP Errors in WordPress
- How to Fix Secure Connection Error in WordPress
- How to Fix Destination Folder Already Exists Error in WordPress
- How to Fix ?Another Update in Process? Error in WordPress
- How to Fix Password Reset Key Error in WordPress
- How to Fix ?Missing a Temporary Folder? Error in WordPress
- How to Fix Pluggable.php File Errors in WordPress
- How to fix common SSL issues in WordPress
- How to fix file and folder permissions error in WordPress
- How fix HTTP error when uploading images in WordPress
- How to fix your connection is not private error in WordPress
- How to fix ?The link you followed has expired? error in WordPress
- How to fix WordPress website not updating right away issue
- How To fix ?Failed to load resource? error In WordPress
- How to fix ?Missing a temporary folder? error in WordPress
- How to fix ?Googlebot cannot access CSS and JS files? error in WordPress
- Troubleshooting WordPress errors on your own
WordPress hosting provider
- HostGator?Managed WordPress (www.HostGator.com)
- Hostinger (www.Hostinger.com)?
- A2 Hosting (www.A2Hosting.com)?
Best Dedicated Server Hosting Providers
- HostGator?? Best overall for dedicated server hosting.
- Bluehost?? Best value for money.
- InMotion ? Best for tech-heavy websites.
- A2 Hosting ? Best customer service.
- iPage ? Best for nothing, but okay at everything.
- GoDaddy Hosting ? Best bandwidth.
- DreamHost?? Best storage space.
Free WordPress Themes
The?WordPress theme?directory is used by millions of?WordPress?users all over the world. Submit your?theme?to the official?WordPress.org?theme?repository. Create a?Theme. Want to learn how to build a great?theme? Read the?Theme?Developer Handbook to learn everything about?WordPress theme?development.