Parse error syntax error unexpected in WordPress: The parse error or syntax error in WordPress is an issue that usually occurs when a user attempts to update the current plugin/theme files or make certain alterations in the files by editing the codes using inappropriate PHP syntax. The Syntax Error might also be a misplaced tag or character in the code, or missing altogether.? Syntax Error is also caused due to typos created while writing a code. Incorrect alteration of an existing code also causes Parse Error.
Due to this, the user is notified to create a backup of the site prior to making any alteration in its plugin/theme files.
Methods to Fix Parse Error or Syntax Error in WordPress
When a syntax error occurs in WordPress, you will be locked out of the website. You may not be able to undo the error you have made in any theme or plugin file using the WordPress dashboard. However, you still have some couple of chances in resolving Parse Error or Syntax Error in a hassle-free manner.
Method 1: Fixing Parse Error or Syntax Error with FTP
You will need to remove or correct the code that caused the error to resolve the Parse Error. You are completely locked out if you have attached the code using the WordPress dashboard Appearance in the Editor section. You will have to access the edited file using the FTP.
- First, install the FTP program then link it to your website.
- Open to the theme file which needs editing.
- Locate for the error code in case you cannot remember which file needs editing.
- The error code will indicate the file and line that needs editing.
- You may either edit the code in correct syntax or delete the code.
- After you have completed editing/removing the code, you need to save the file then re-upload it in the server.
- Open your WordPress and refresh the edited page. This should fix the Parse error.
?Method 2: Fixing Parse Error or Syntax Error using Control Panel
Another simple method for resolving syntax error is using the control panel. Follow the steps to do so:
- First, log into the Control Panel and located File Manager option.
- From the File Manager, open into the Code Editor.
- Now look through and locate the line of the code where you have to make the changes.
- After you have edited the file, click on the Save Changes option. Syntax Error will be resolved.
We hope this article helped you resolve Parse Error/Syntax Error in WordPress. Please feel free to reach to us if you have any questions or experiencing any issues in WordPress. We shall try to offer our best service to you.