Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive
Windows 10 is a popular operating system. If the user has activated Windows 10 with an MS account, then installing a new drive to the laptop or PC is easy and it will remain activated. Following is the simple method to install Windows 10 on a new hard drive:
- Use One Drive to back-up all the files
- While the old Drive of the user is still installed, click on “Settings”, followed by “Updates & Security”, and then click on “Backup”
- The user can insert a USB that has storage to accommodate Windows and the backup files to the USB drive
- Now shut down the PC
- Install the new Drive
- The user now has to insert a USB and then start the computer in the recovery drive
- Install the third-party apps and other files
This method is applicable to all versions of Windows 10.
We are not affiliated/associated with Microsoft who own Windows. “Windows” is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only and any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
Contact Microsoft Office
|(0)80 4010 3000|
1 800 572 1100
1 800 102 1100
|(800) 642 7676|
(800) 892 5234 (TTY)