If you’re planning to download Windows 12 Lite ISO – 64-bit, we have got you covered with everything you need to know before you can download it successfully. We have covered this Windows version Release Date, and how to update to Windows 12 Lite from Windows 10. We have also covered some useful information on updating Windows 12 lite Linux free.
Windows 10 is the most popular operating system (OS) from Microsoft. This operating system was released back in 2015. Since then, this OS has remained the most stable in its class. As soon as it was introduced, a fresh platform for tablets, computers, laptops, and other devices was released. It was referred to as Windows 12.
This platform was created by American Corporation. However, currently, it doesn’t advertise the upcoming release of the fresh Windows 12 date of release. But, many facts indicate this, which are too obvious for anyone not to notice.
Indeed, Windows 12 features are outstanding and every user will be happy with what they can do with this operating system when it’s officially released. In addition, it’s still not yet known how much a Microsoft Windows 12 Lite license will cost to release data.
Windows 12 ISO Download
- 1 Windows 12 ISO Download
- 2 Minimum system requirements for Windows 12 (expected):
- 3 Recommended system requirements for Windows 12 (expected):
- 4 Windows 12 Lite – New Operating System Almost Here!
- 5 What Can You Expect From Windows 12 Lite ISO?
- 6 Experts’ Word About Upcoming Windows 12
- 7 Windows 12 Features
- 8 Leaked Features of Windows 12
- 10 Windows 12 ISO Release Date 2024
- 11 Windows 12 Editions
- 12 Windows 12 ISO Requirements
- 13 Windows 12 Advantages
- 14 Windows 12 Disadvantages
- 15 Misconception about Windows 12 ISO
- 16 FAQ
- 16.1 Q1. Is Windows 12 available now?
- 16.2 Q2. Can I download Windows 12 for free?
- 16.3 Q3. What is the cost of Windows 12?
- 16.4 Q4. Is Windows 12 launched soon?
- 16.5 Q5. What new features will be included in Windows 12?
- 16.6 Q6. Will my computer be able to run Windows 12?
- 16.7 Q7. Can I upgrade to Windows 12 from Windows 10 or Windows 11?
- 16.8 Q8. What will happen to support for Windows 10 and Windows 11 when Windows 12 is released?
- 16.9 Q9. What kind of security measures will be included in Windows 12?
- 16.10 Q10. How does Windows 12 compare to other operating systems, such as macOS or Linux?
The latest Windows 12 Lite will be better than any other platform we have seen before. What this platform can do will be expressed in every aspect. Users will enjoy increased speed, improved security systems, and a significant boost in battery life on tablets and laptops. All these will be due to advanced code optimization, sophisticated energy-saving algorithms, and reduced background processes.
But, this is just a small bit of what this operating system will be able to offer. Windows 12 Lite users can rely on a fully new stunningly beautiful outlook of the user interface. The entire interface will surely please everyone. In addition to that, new menu options will supplement this platform. These new menu items will ease the entire navigation making the process of using the platform easy and understandable.
Minimum system requirements for Windows 12 (expected):
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
- Display: 720p resolution (800 x 600)
- Internet connection: Microsoft account and internet connection required for initial setup
Recommended system requirements for Windows 12 (expected):
- Processor: Modern processor with at least 4 cores
- RAM: 16 GB or more
- Storage: 256 GB or more
- Graphics card: Dedicated graphics card with DirectX 12 support
- Display: 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080) or higher
Windows 12 Lite – New Operating System Almost Here!
According to the available data currently, users will be able to update this operating system without any issues. In other words, all Windows 12 Lite updates will load automatically and then update without you being required to exit or reboot the system. That will significantly ease the process of update installation because you won’t need you to spend any money.
Undoubtedly, that will give users an easy time because it will be quite possible to enhance the overall user experience. Additionally, installing the system to receive updates in Windows 12 Lite will be significantly reliable. That means if something breaks suddenly, either partially or fully, users can restore everything with a couple of simple clicks in two weeks following spending a few minutes.
The brand-new OS is hoped to be the most stable and reliable platform ever released by Microsoft. It’s also expected to receive a lot of support from users of Android phones thanks to complete synchronization with it. The available data shows that the Windows 12 launch will happen before mid-2024.
Indeed, the launch was hoped to take place anywhere from January to June. After that, this operating system will be made available for users to download and install on their computers and other devices of their choosing. As expected, the Windows 12 release of the final stable form will be presented before the end of 2024.
That means that it will be possible for anyone to download it to their devices anywhere from September to December in the year. When it comes to the price of its license, it’s hoped to cost $200. This is roughly the same amount the Windows 10 build (most affordable) licensed version costs now, which is almost unbelievable.
What Can You Expect From Windows 12 Lite ISO?
It’s important to note that Microsoft will provide every user of this operating system with a free-of-charge headset that upgrades to Windows 12 Lite ISO. Moreover, Microsoft will have Lenovo, HP, Asus, Acer, and Dell will create VR headsets for it. It’s alleged that Redmond hopes to make VR not only available but also affordable for everyone.
However, you should know that it’s not very clear yet when the operating system’s release date will be. Microsoft is committed to making VR available and affordable for all users. It’s also still not quite clear what features Windows 12 Lite ISO will offer. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 was the last release. They will, however, continue upgrading it. So, we should not expect there to be Windows 11, Windows 12, and so on.
If you want, you can download the newest version of Windows 12 from the official website of Microsoft. In the meanwhile, what do experts say regarding the upcoming Windows 12 operating system?
Experts’ Word About Upcoming Windows 12
According to Jerry Nixon, Microsoft is currently focused on Windows 10. This operating system happens to be the latest and last version of Windows, which is why they are still working to improve it.
The company is dedicated to resolving the various bugs encountered by users of Windows 10 by providing multiple updates. With that in mind, it’s unlikely that we can see Windows 12 in the market. Also, Jerry Nixon stated that this OS is the final Windows version. A lot of people still encounter issues like compatibility problems with software and games as well as minor problems.
Officially, Microsoft released Windows 10 in May 2019 update to the general public. This version was also known as version 1903. The update was made available for Windows 10 Insiders in slow and release preview rings for some weeks. The manufacturer of this Windows stated that the 2019 update in May would remain within the preview ring to find any problems before they would extend further.
This company is committed to improving on its previous Windows 10 releases. With the latest update, Microsoft has tried to build controls to assist users with surprise updates to the newest version. Everyone will now be able to explicitly choose if they wish to update their devices and hold the updates for over 30 days.
The Windows 10 version 2021 can be installed directly through settings if it’s already available for your device. However, you can choose “Clean Install” using the latest Windows 10 update ISO files. Ensure that before you download it check the requirements of the system manufacturer. That’s because Microsoft may have updated the list of requirements.
The Perfect Windows 12 Lite
Windows 12 Lite was released on February 2023. When you see it for the first time, you might believe that it’s a new Windows version that has been released. Surprisingly, most people wouldn’t understand the situation and think that it’s true.
The name is different and it’s not a Windows series system. Instead, it’s based on Linux 4.8 of the Linux OS. Windows 10 utilizes an icon pack and flat wallpaper. The website description of Windows 12 Lite says that it perfectly resolves all the issues in Windows 10.
It’s an excellent operating system. The desktop is then Windows 10 in every aspect and can accurately replace Windows 10. For the Windows 12 Lite slogan, we have noted some changes made to Windows 10. Some of them include:
- No failures on updates, no unwanted updates patches, and you won’t be forced to purchase more versions
- No extortion or virus software, there will be a natural immunity
- Dual boot operation with Windows 10, enjoy free editing and copying of files
- It starts up to 3 times faster than Windows 10 and takes not more than 10 seconds
- Features multiple excellent software, over 80,000 models can be accessed in the software manager
- Offers excellent support for Steam/NVIDIA graphics cards and also plays games
- No need for authorization, activation, or casual installation. Microsoft will not steal any data
- There is no advertising by Microsoft.
Windows 12 Features
According to speculations, Microsoft is going to soon announce the date when it will officially release the new Windows 12 operating system. This OS was expected to be launched at the end of last year (2020). However, various features of this operating system have been leaked.
As seen from these leaked features, we can already conclude that this platform will be the most sophisticated and secure operating system ever used by the computer generation.
Leaked Features of Windows 12
All the previous Windows operating systems use the Start Screen feature to launch apps. But, Microsoft has borrowed the old ideas in creating this start menu according to speculation. However, the feature is more user-friendly than we have seen in other Windows previously.
In the present-day world, almost everything is automated. That has led to everyone getting quite lazy. Most people don’t want to move a finger and do something manually. To cater to the needs of this lazy world, Microsoft has introduced Cortana 2.0 feature.
It’s a virtual assistant meant to help users. As the name might suggest, it’s an advanced edition of Cortana. The feature was introduced in Windows Phone 8.1. With the help of Cortana 2.0, a user can operate the device without actually touching it. It’s speculated that Cortana offers better performance than Google and Siri.
Windows 12 will be a perfect innovation that will perfectly fit both touchscreen devices and others. The Windows 12 Continuum feature will allow users the option of working on both desktop and mobile devices. On the mobile mode, the start menu is going to work the same way as that of desktop mode – and also fit full screen. The button to switch on/off the tablet mode feature will be available in the action center.
Xbox edition x application will be a built-in feature in Windows 12. The Xbox app will display every activity of your Xbox Live friends. It will also show your activity feed. On the left side of the software, you will be seeing a means to chat with your Xbox Live friends.
You’ll also be able to share and view some clips of your friends’ games. On the right side of the application, you’ll see the list of your friends.
Your computer’s security is important and Microsoft offered the best security features in Windows 12. The features will include, by default, a Windows defender, which will take the security of your data to another higher level. The Windows Defender will come with antivirus protection to safeguard your system.
Action Center Notification
Notifications are important for every activity or business. This feature is useful both at a professional and personal level. With that in mind, the Action Center Notification function will be the platform in which all your reminders will be contained.
Windows 12 ISO Release Date 2024
According to reports, the Windows 12 presentation was to happen at the end of the year 2024. In other words, at this time, Microsoft should have already presented the operating system to the general public.
As soon as the presentation was done, testing was expected to start as part of the “Windows Insider Early Access Program.” There are no restrictions and everyone is free to join the program. That was expected to take place for between 3 to 5 months from the time of announcement.
That means that Windows 12 ISO is likely to get into the market in the last stable form in mind 2020. However, it’s important to note that more accurate dates are hoped to be announced during the announcement and that was to happen soon.
Windows 10 vs. Windows 12 – Which is better?
Many aspects are similar between Windows 10 and the newest Windows 12. Similarly, there are many differences. Below, we have presented a comparative overview of these two systems to help you choose the most suitable one for you.
Windows 10 vs. Windows 12 – Differences and Similarities
Through Windows 12, Microsoft is trying to synchronize all devices that run the same operating system. These devices include laptops, desktop computers, smartphones, tablets, and Xbox game consoles.
On the other hand, Windows 10 is tailored exclusively for laptops and PCs. With that in mind, let’s find out other differences between these two operating systems:
- First, the design is very different. According to speculation, Windows 12 is optimized for the touchscreen monitor. Windows 10 is only used with a computer mouse and comes with a Start menu. While the Start Menu is still available in Windows 12, it’s combined with a set of features, making the new Windows Operating System convenient for all users on any device.
- Another notable difference between these two Windows is the search feature. The Search function in Windows 10 lets users search for apps and files on their local computers. In Windows 12, this feature is advanced. Users can directly search from the desktop and to the Internet and also in the Windows App Store. Additionally, Windows 12 comes with a voice search that you can access through Cortana 2.0.
- Compared to Windows 10, the new system has made a breakthrough when it comes to managing the workspace. In this Windows, there are virtual desktops to which users of Androids are used. Mac operating system users and Linux fans are also used to this feature. But in Windows 10, there are no virtual desktops. However, Windows 10 supports multiple monitors.
- Another notable difference between these two systems is the Notification feature. In Windows 10, every app throws its notifications (pop-ups) on the screen. The Windows also comes with a notification section in the lower right corner of the screen. On the other hand, in Windows 12, all systems and app notifications are contained in one section and categorized by time.
- When it comes to computer games, Windows 10 is very popular among game lovers. Windows 12 on the other hand, plans to take this a step further. The system features DirectX 12, which offers a great boost to in-game performance. It also allows a comprehensive integration with Xbox through an integrated app with a connection to Xbox Live.
- File management is another significant difference between these Windows systems. Both Windows 12 and Windows 10 utilize Explorer. However, in Windows 12, Explorer is more informative and user-friendly. The Explorer in this new system features a series of functions such as updated Microsoft Office. Also, the copy-and-paste Windows display the operational speed in graphs form. Some of these features in Windows 12 are the advancement of features in Windows 8.1.
Windows 12 Editions
Windows 12 is expected to come with up to 6 different editions that are hoped to enhance the program. These programs are designed one over the other incrementally and successively. That improves or adapts the system to modern users’ needs. The editions include:
- Starter – This is the basic edition that comes with the least functionalities of all. It has an incomplete interface version and some customization options, and it’s also the lightest. That makes it ideal for PCs and netbooks with low performance.
- Home Basic – Like the Starter, this too has an incomplete interface. However, this version offers great connectivity and customization features for home computers.
- Premium Home – This version is an improvement of the Home Basic. It comes with advanced customization and interface capabilities with multiple codecs and Windows Media Center to play multi-media files.
- Professional – This version is equivalent to Vista Business. That means that the version is fit for work or business computers. It comes with all the functions of the Home Premium and data backup, file encryption capabilities, and online protection to defend your data’s privacy of the data handled.
- Enterprise – The Enterprise edition offers a multi-language package and a sophisticated series of software online defense and data protection features. That makes it suitable for PCs and networked businesses. The version is only available only by contract with Microsoft.
- Ultimate – This is the last version with the full potential of the Windows 12 operating system. It’s available for sale to the general public.
Windows 12 ISO Requirements
Your computer needs to meet these requirements for Windows 12 ISO to work on it:
- 64 or 32-bit computer architecture
- RAM of 1GB or 2GB minimum
- Minimum 1GHz processor
- Graphics card
- 16 to 20 GHz available from Hard Disk
- DirectX9 graphics device with support for WDDN 1.0 drivers
- Touch monitor (not necessary)
- DVD-R/RW optical drive
Windows 12 Advantages
Windows 12 presents several advantages as compared to the previous program. Some of these advantages include:
- Supports 64 and 32-bit architectures
- It occupies less space and also requires less kernel
- Windows 12 saves energy by utilizing the components of the machine to a lesser extent
- There’s a significant synchronization between the computer and the user, which takes advantage of tools like the touchscreen and voice recognition.
Windows 12 Disadvantages
Windows 12 version also comes with its set of disadvantages compared to previous Windows versions:
- It lacks support or compatibility with technologies and drivers
- It’s more expensive than the previous versions
- It has less control from the user when it comes to Windows updates and remote management by the company.
Misconception about Windows 12 ISO
Some people believed that Windows 10 would be the last operating system to be introduced. But, we have witnessed major releases. The latest significant release has been the May 2019 update. There was another major release that was expected to happen in October this year.
Microsoft is just preparing the minds of the general public. They want to ensure that people are no longer complaining about the hassles involved when upgrading to versions 11, 12, 13, etc. Currently, Microsoft doesn’t intend to release another Windows version.
There’s going to be one Office version with similar features to Office Pack 365. Microsoft stated that Windows 10 will be the last edition with only updates being implemented to enhance usability. The company has decided to just update without numbering. Some speculations suggest that Windows 12 will come with codenames like Fusion, etc.
Q1. Is Windows 12 available now?
Q2. Can I download Windows 12 for free?
Ans. No, windows 12 is not available right now, Windows 11 is the latest version of Microsoft Windows.
Q3. What is the cost of Windows 12?
Ans. Cost is not available.
Q4. Is Windows 12 launched soon?
Ans. Maybe its launch in 2024.
Q5. What new features will be included in Windows 12?
Ans. It’s currently unknown what new features would be included in Windows 12. However, if it were to be released, it would likely include updated features, security enhancements, and performance improvements.
Q6. Will my computer be able to run Windows 12?
Ans. The system requirements for Windows 12 are not known since it has not been released yet. However, it’s likely that Windows 12 would require more powerful hardware than older versions of Windows.
Q7. Can I upgrade to Windows 12 from Windows 10 or Windows 11?
Ans. It’s currently unknown if Microsoft will offer upgrades from Windows 10 or Windows 11 to Windows 12, or if a clean install will be required.
Q8. What will happen to support for Windows 10 and Windows 11 when Windows 12 is released?
Ans. It’s unclear what will happen to support for Windows 10 and Windows 11 when Windows 12 is released. Typically, Microsoft continues to provide security updates and bug fixes for older versions of Windows for a certain period of time after a new version is released.
Q9. What kind of security measures will be included in Windows 12?
Ans. The security measures in Windows 12 are not known since it has not been released yet. However, it’s likely that it would include updated security features and improvements to help protect against malware and other cyber threats.
Q10. How does Windows 12 compare to other operating systems, such as macOS or Linux?
Ans. It’s impossible to compare Windows 12 to other operating systems until it is released and its features are fully known. However, Microsoft has historically focused on providing a user-friendly and widely-used operating system that is compatible with a wide range of hardware and software.
We are not affiliated/associated with Microsoft who own Windows. “Windows” is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only and any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk.
Contact Microsoft Office
|(0)80 4010 3000
1 800 572 1100
1 800 102 1100
|(800) 642 7676
(800) 892 5234 (TTY)
Terry White is a professional technical writer, WordPress developer, Web Designer, Software Engineer, and Blogger. He strives for pixel-perfect design, clean robust code, and a user-friendly interface. If you have a project in mind and like his work, feel free to contact him