Google Interview Questions: When one thinks of their dream careers, some of the great companies click their mind. A Google company is among the most excellent company where people yearn to work for. Each year, Google Company receives about 3-million applications. Now, that doesn’t mean you should panic. After all, 0.2% of the 3 million applicants are hired. That is 6,000 people. Thus, it would be best to stand out from the other applicants by having the skill and early preparations.
Google Interview Questions and Answers
- 1 Google Interview Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Q1. What’s your much-loved Google product, and what can you do to improve it?
- 1.2 Q2. Who do you think are Google’s major competitors, and how does Google stand out?
- 1.3 Q3. How do you ensure that your colleagues remain accountable?
- 1.4 Q4. What’s Google Cloud Platform?
- 1.5 Q5. What are the components of the Google Cloud Platform?
- 1.6 Q6. Why do you opt for Google Cloud Hosting? What are the benefits of utilizing the Google Cloud Platform?
- 1.7 Q7. What do you understand with Google Compute Engine?
- 1.8 Q8. What are libraries & cloud storage tools on GCP?
- 1.9 Q9. How is Google Compute Engine & Google App Engine connected?
- 1.10 Q10. What are the methods for verification of Google Compute Engine API?
- 1.11 Q11. Tell us what Google Analytics is?
- 1.12 Q12. What are the key advantages of Google Analytics?
- 1.13 Q13. What’s a session?
- 1.14 Q14. What’s Funnel concerning Google Analytics?
- 1.15 Q15. What is meant by KPI in Google Analytics?
- 1.16 Q16. List some of the Google Analytics goals?
- 1.17 Q17. Four kinds of goals at Google Analytics includes
- 1.18 Q18. What’s the difference between clicks & visits?
- 1.19 Q19. What’s the exit rate?
- 1.20 Q20. Define cohort concerning Google Analytics.
- 1.21 Q21. What’s the site search button utilized for?
- 1.22 Q22. What’s benchmarking?
- 1.23 Q23. What’s Google BigQuery?
- 1.24 Q24. What are the advantages of BigQuery for data warehouse practitioners?
- 1.25 Q25. What do you understand on Google Cloud SDK?
- 1.26 Q26. What’s VPC in the Google cloud platform?
- 1.27 Q27. What’s scalability in Cloud?
- 1.28 Q28. What’s Google cloud messaging?
- 1.29 Q29.What’s Microsoft Azure?
- 1.30 Q30. How do you create goals with Google Analytics?
Q1. What’s your much-loved Google product, and what can you do to improve it?
Ans. This question will assist the hiring manager test your familiarity with the products Google is offering. Luckily, every Google product will do. All you need to do is to speak about it with zeal and provide some relevant recommendations.
Q2. Who do you think are Google’s major competitors, and how does Google stand out?
Ans. Here, the hiring manager needs to determine if you’ve got a solid idea about the other companies that dominate spaces together with Google. This is especially important in product-oriented responsibility, including all things from product-manager positions to software engineer jobs. You need to find opportunities and outshine other corporations that are competitors.
Q3. How do you ensure that your colleagues remain accountable?
Ans. To every company, accountability is vital. Google needs to understand that you will handle your jobs & hold yourself to some reasonable standard. Furthermore, the hiring manager favors candidates that assist the team members in remaining accountable, mainly if the group projects are the norm.
Q4. What’s Google Cloud Platform?
Ans. This is a cloud platform made by Google which assists individuals in accessing cloud systems & computing services. Moreover, GCP provides a more significant service number under add, storage, database, migration & networking domains to cloud computing.
Q5. What are the components of the Google Cloud Platform?
Ans. Google Cloud Platform is made up of a group of elements that assist people in various ways. Some of the GCP elements include
- Compute Engine
- Cloud App Engine
- Cloud Container Engine
- Cloud Storage
- BigQuery Service
- Cloud Test Lab
- Cloud Job Discovery
- Cloud Dataflow
- Cloud Endpoints
- Cloud Machine-Engine
Q6. Why do you opt for Google Cloud Hosting? What are the benefits of utilizing the Google Cloud Platform?
Ans. The primary reason for choosing Google Cloud Hosting is the benefits it provides. Some of the benefits of selecting Google Cloud Hosting includes
- Advantages of live relocation of machines
- Accessibility of good pricing plans
- In-built redundant backups guarantee data reliability and integrity
- Improved performance & execution
- The private network offers efficiency & maximum time
- Guarantee to Constant expansion & development
- Robust control & security of cloud platform
This is a medium that offers its clients access to paramount cloud services & features. It’s gaining fame among cloud professionals and users for the benefits of the offering.
The significant advantages of utilizing Google Cloud Platform includes
- Google Cloud Servers enable one to operate from any place to have access to the information & data.
- GCP provides much better rating deals compared to other cloud service providers
- GCP has increased performance & service
- Google Cloud Platform’s security level is exemplary. Cloud platforms & networks are safe and encrypted using numerous security measures.
- Google Cloud is fast in offering updates about security & server in an excellent & efficient manner
Q7. What do you understand with Google Compute Engine?
Ans. This is an IaaS product that provides self-managed & flexible virtual machines which are hosted on Google infrastructure. This includes Windows & Linux-centered virtual machines, which may operate on local, sturdy storage options & KVM.
Furthermore, it also contains REST-based API for control & configuration purposes. Google Compute Engine incorporates with GCP tech like Google App Engine, Google BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage to extend its computational capability & thus makes more sophisticated & complex applications.
Q8. What are libraries & cloud storage tools on GCP?
Ans. JSON API and XML API are available for cloud storage at Google Cloud Platform at the core level. Though along with these, it has other options offered by Google to relate with cloud storage.
- Google-Cloud Platform Console that does basic operations at objects & buckets
- Cloud Storage Client Libraries that offer programming support to many languages, including Ruby, Java, & Python
- gsutil Command-line Tool that provides a command-line interface to cloud storage
Q9. How is Google Compute Engine & Google App Engine connected?
Ans. They are complementary to each other. Google App Engine refers to a Google PaaS product while Google Compute Engine refers to the IaaS product.
Google App Engine is usually utilized to operate web-based apps, line of business, and mobile backend. If one needs to keep the underlying structure in more of one’s control, then Computing Engine is the best selection. For example, one can utilize Compute Engine for implementation of custom-made business logic or, just in case; one requires to run your personal storage system.
Q10. What are the methods for verification of Google Compute Engine API?
Ans. There are methods for certification of GCE API. They include
- Using OAuth-2.0
- Via client library
- Direct using the access token
Q11. Tell us what Google Analytics is?
Ans. This is a web analytics tool from Google which assists in extracting & analyzing information linked to traffic at a website. It helps in optimizing a website, therefore improving the user experience. Google Analytics offers actionable visions in the form of graphs and tables.
Q12. What are the key advantages of Google Analytics?
Ans. The significant advantages of Google Analytics include
- Consumer behavior analysis
- Helps one understand where the visitors are coming from
- Improves one’s marketing channels depending on data
- Improves one’s conversion rate
- Analyze what operates best for you
Q13. What’s a session?
Ans. When a client visits the website, he may make a set of recorded interactions via Google Analytics; these are known as sessions. Google Analytics tracks & records every single session available on a webpage. This begins when a client loads & enters one’s site & ends with inactivity of 30-minutes.
Q14. What’s Funnel concerning Google Analytics?
Ans. A funnel is a sequence of web pages, including a navigation path your visitors require to move through to meet the website’s goals. Fundamentally, it consists of one Goal, that’s a webpage & one/more funnel pages.
This assists in identifying where clients start & end the buying process. Depending on this, a person can eliminate the blockages in the conversion process. There’s a limit of 20-funnel pages at Google Analytics.
Q15. What is meant by KPI in Google Analytics?
Ans. KPI is a significant performance indicator. An important role of KPI’s is tracking every meaningful performance metric as it arrives at business-like
- Number Of Clicks
- Number Of Visits
- Exit Rate
- First-time Visitors
- Bounce Rate
- Returning Users
- Conversion Rate
Q16. List some of the Google Analytics goals?
Ans. Google Analytics goals are anything from creating a purchase for an e-commerce site, submitting a kind for a marketing site, and completing a game-level for some gaming site. This depends on the company genre.
Q17. Four kinds of goals at Google Analytics includes
Ans. Duration goals. Measures average time used as a conversion on a page
Destination goals. Measures screen views that are regarded as a conversion
Pages/screen in a session. This is when one count number of pages views in a session as conversion
Event goals. When one considers a click to a link, form submission, video, or downloaded as a conversion
Q18. What’s the difference between clicks & visits?
Ans. Clicks show an action done on a website, like clicking a link, downloading a brochure, moving to a new webpage, etc. Moreover, a visit is a period a user uses on the website.
Q19. What’s the exit rate?
Ans. The exit page is the last page which a viewer viewed & left the webpage from that specific page. Exit rate shows the number of times clients left the site from a particular page.
An exit rate is the number of exits distributed by page views & is denoted as a percentage. Usually, the thank-you pages & your blogs have a higher exit rate.
Q20. Define cohort concerning Google Analytics.
Ans. A cohort is a set of users that shares at least a single common characteristic. Cohort analysis in Google Analytics enables one to understand cohort behavior depending on time.
Ans. The site-search button is utilized to identify & analyze the way the user searches the site. With the tool, a client understands what used search terms & if search results made an appointment with the website if it steered to a conversion.
Q22. What’s benchmarking?
Ans. This is an essential tool at Google Analytics which compares one’s website’s performance to the past performance & industry average. It’s more insightful as it displays information linked to industry trends & helps compare with the industry competitors.
Q23. What’s Google BigQuery?
Ans. This is a replacement of hardware setup for a traditional data warehouse. It’s utilized as an information warehouse thus, acts as a collective store for every analytical data in an organization. Moreover, BigQuery classifies the information table to the units which are understood as datasets.
Q24. What are the advantages of BigQuery for data warehouse practitioners?
Ans. Offers backup recovery & disaster recovery at some broader level. Users easily undo changes & revert to the previous state minus requesting backup recovery.
BigQuery keeps data in various formats like proprietary format, query access pattern, proprietary columnar format, Google’s shared file system & others for effective storage management.
It allocated storage resources & query resources dynamically based on usage & requirement. Thus, it does not need the provision of resources before use.
It’s fully maintained & managed. The engineers manage updates & maintenance of service fully minus any hindrance or downtime to performance.
Q25. What do you understand on Google Cloud SDK?
Ans. This is a set of tools utilized in managing apps & resources hosted on the Google Cloud Platform. It’s composed of gsutil, bq command-line tools, and gCloud. Cloud tool is auto-downloaded with Cloud SDK.
Q26. What’s VPC in the Google cloud platform?
Ans. The virtual network offers connectivity to one’s VM cases of compute engine, Google Kubernetes Engine clusters, & more other resources. VPC offers much elasticity to controlling the way workloads connect globally or regionally. One VPC can span numerous regions minus communicate across the public internet.
Q27. What’s scalability in Cloud?
Ans. This is nothing but decrease or increase the quality & ability of service.
Q28. What’s Google cloud messaging?
Ans. This is a cross-platform notification solution that allows you to deliver & receive messages & notifications free. With this, one can notify client applications or send messages for user reengagement. This offers one an option for versatile message targeting like distributing messages to single devices, to subscribed devices, or to a set of devices.
Q29.What’s Microsoft Azure?
Ans. This is a flexible, enterprise-grade and open cloud computing stage that is faster, safe, trusted, and intelligent & allows hybrid environments.
Q30. How do you create goals with Google Analytics?
Ans. When defining goals in Google Analytics, one requires configuring Google Analytics well to offer you data like conversions number. Steps for creating a goal includes–
- Move to Admin
- Then View > Goals
- Click Add and New Goal
- Then create your new Goal
Google interview is just like any other job interview. Thus this shouldn’t make you feel much excited, which makes you uncomfortable. Moreover, with this and more other research, you will be well prepared for the panel.
Terry White is a professional technical writer, WordPress developer, Web Designer, Software Engineer, and Blogger. He strives for pixel-perfect design, clean robust code, and a user-friendly interface. If you have a project in mind and like his work, feel free to contact him