Cross-browser testing is an important aspect of software testing which involves testing web apps across various web browsers plus operating systems. The main goal of cross-browser testing is to ensure that the web app functions properly plus consistently across every platform.
Moreover, Selenium WebDriver is a great open-source testing tool that enables developers to automate browser-based tests. Moreover, it offers a platform-independent method to test web apps across various browsers plus operating systems.
Cross-browser testing utilizing Selenium WebDriver requires writing test scripts that could be executed on various web browsers. The test scripts interact with the web app & verify that it operates correctly on every browser.
Cross Browser Testing utilizing Selenium
Cross Browser Testing is a kind of functional test to check if your web app operates as expected in various browsers.
Why do we require Cross Browser Testing?
Cross-browser testing is significant for numerous reasons:
- User experience: Users can utilize various browsers to access the web app, and they anticipate it to function properly plus consistently on each of them. Cross-browser testing assists in ensuring that the user experience is steady across various browsers.
- Market share: Various browsers have distinct market shares, plus testing your web apps on every major browser helps to ensure that you don’t miss out on possible customers who utilize a distinct browser.
- Performance: Different browsers feature different performance characteristics, plus cross-browser testing could assist in identifying performance problems that may just happen on certain browsers.
- Security: Other security vulnerabilities may just be present on certain browsers or browser versions. Moreover, cross-browser testing assists in identifying these vulnerabilities plus enables one to address them before exploitation
Reason Cross Browser Issues
- Mismatch of Font size in various browsers
- The difference in CSS and HTML validation
- Some browser doesn’t support HTML5.
- Page alignment & div size.
- Picture orientation.
- Browser compatibility issues with the Operating System. Etc.
Steps to Follow When Doing Cross-Browser Testing
If we’re utilizing Selenium WebDriver, one can automate test cases utilizing Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari browsers, etc.
To successfully execute test cases with various browsers in a similar machine at a similar time we can integrate the TestNG framework with Selenium WebDriver.
Testing.xml will appear like this,
Cross-browser testing utilizing Selenium WebDriver can assist one in identifying problems that may not be noticeable when testing on one browser. Through testing your web app across various browsers, you can be certain that it works correctly plus consistently on every platform. In addition, cross-browser testing is vital for guaranteeing that your web app is accessible, secure across various browsers & platforms, and user-friendly.
Terry White is a professional technical writer, WordPress developer, Web Designer, Software Engineer, and Blogger. He strives for pixel-perfect design, clean robust code, and a user-friendly interface. If you have a project in mind and like his work, feel free to contact him