Windows 10 ISO: If you’re still using Windows 7 on your PC, you need to upgrade right now. This version was discounted by Microsoft a couple of years ago. That means, you can’t get any system updates from Microsoft, which is risky for the security of your computer and data.
But, if you’re using Windows 8.1, you have nothing to worry about. However, you might be losing a lot and you need to upgrade to the latest version, Windows 10. By doing so, you’ll stay up-to-date with the latest developments and technologies that come with this new edition.
So, do you want to know how to upgrade to Windows 10? Well, this post is all about that. Continue reading to find out how you can easily upgrade and enjoy the latest features and functionalities.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 ISO
It’s easy to upgrade from the version you’re using currently to Windows 10. There are mainly two methods of doing that. Methods one involves Windows 10 upgrade for free and Method two requires creating an installation disc to install Windows 10 on any computer. Whichever method you choose, it’s quite straightforward for you.
Windows 10, is Microsoft’s current version comes with a new appearance of Metro Style User Interface. The Windows is a perfect mixture of what was contained in Windows 7 and Windows 8. There have been rumors, however, that Microsoft will be launching Windows 11 so, as an upgrade of Windows 10.
The upcoming Windows is alleged to have a new User-Interface, Start Menu, and many more improvements to its OS. Therefore, if these rumors are confirmed, you should stay alert for brand-new Windows. For now, let’s show you how to download and install Windows 10 on your PC.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Download and Install Windows 10 ISO
Windows 10 has been a great operating system that many technical groups have so far appreciated. Unfortunately, Microsoft is no longer distributing the free version of Windows 10. Although you can still get a free Windows 10 ISO file from the internet, this file will not receive any updates in the future. But, if you don’t mind that as long as you can grab the copy for free, continue reading to know how you can get it.
Windows 10 Technical Specifications:
- Developer – Microsoft
- Technical overview – Windows 10 available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- Setup – Full Standalone setup/offline installer
- Compatibility – 32-bit (x86)/64-bit(x64)
- Mainstream Language – English
- License – Free
Windows 10 Minimum Requirements
- Operating System to Upgrade – You need Service Pack 1 (SPI) of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Installed Windows must be authentic for the update to be successful.
- Processor – 1 GHz, System on Chip (SoC) or faster processor. 64-bit versions need a processor that can support CMPXCHG16B, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW capabilities.
- RAM – At least 1GB or 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Hard Disc – 16 GB for 32 bit or 20 GB for 64 bit
- Graphics – DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 Driver
- Resolution – 1024 x 600
- Touch – For multi-touch support Windows devices or tablets
- Microsoft account – Needed to access some features
- Cortana Support – Only supported in the United Kingdom, United States, France, China, Spain, Italy, and Germany.
- Media Streaming – Xbox video, Xbox music streaming features available only in specific regions
- Windows Hello Face Recognition – Infrared camera for iris detection or facial recognition, or fingerprint reader supporting Window Biometric Framework.
- Compatible kernel-mode drivers
- BitLocker – Windows 1o Enterprise or Pro, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, TPM 2.0, or a USB flash drive.
- Device encryption – InstantGo and TPM 2.0
- Wi-Fi Direct Printing – Supported Wi-Fi Router to access services
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Old Windows
If you’re currently on Windows 7 or Windows 8. x, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. The steps to do that are simple and they are as follows:
- Step 1: Ensure that the Windows running on your PC currently (be it Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1) is genuine. Windows 10 free upgrade is only available on genuine previous Windows versions.
- Step 2: In the genuine Windows version, go to “Control Panel“, and choose “Windows Update“
- Step 3: You’ll be able to see the Major Updates for Windows 10
- Step 4: Click on “Install the Updates” and the downloading process will begin for Windows 10
- Step 5: Once you take the above step, you should see a popup screen showing the downloading process. If you can’t see it, click on the “Windows sign” icon on your system tray.
- Step 6: You should see the option for “Reservation Confirmed” and after that, a download option for Windows 10. Click on the option.
- Step 7: Windows 10 will begin to download on your PC. The process can take some time depending on the speed of your internet. Wait patiently and when the process is complete, your computer will restart automatically.
The steps are as straightforward as that. By following the steps above, you’ll get the latest Windows version from Microsoft – Windows 10 – and enjoy great features and enhancements.
Steps to Install Windows 10 through Disc
If you need to install Windows 10 through the Disc method, you can follow the steps below. They are also simple to follow:
Step 1: You must download the latest edition of the “Media Creation Tool“. Depending on which version you’re using, download the compatible tool accordingly from the Internet for free. If you have a 32-bit version click this link to download and for the 64-bit version, click here.
Step 2: Choose the “Create an Installation media” option as shown below and hit “Next”
Step 3: Next is to install the tool on your computer and open it afterward. You have two options – 1. Use the USB flash drive bootable to install Windows 10 or 2. Get the ISO File. Select the “Windows 10 ISO File” option as shown below.
Step 4: Once you do step three above, the downloading process is going to start. It will take some time to complete depending on the speed of your internet.
Step 5: Once the process is complete, you’ll see the Windows 10 “ISO file“. You’ll need to burn that file on the DVD. To do that, you’ll need to first download and install Windows SB or DVD Download Tool. You can get this tool free of charge from the official Microsoft website.
Step 6: Once you download the software, install it on your PC and then run it.
Step 7: In the open Window, choose “Browse“. Find the Windows ISO file path and choose it. Click on the “Next” button.
Step 8: In the following Window, click on the “DVD” to make it bootable and install Windows 10 on any computer. You can alternatively choose the “USB” option to create a bootable pen drive.
Step 9: The burning process will begin. After some minutes, the installation process will be complete and now you can use Windows 10 on your computer.
That’s all about Windows 10 download and installation. Whether you choose to install by downloading the file on the internet or through the disc, the processes should not give you a headache. Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest windows with a new user interface and new features and there’s every reason to install it on your PC.
It’s even important that you upgrade to Windows 10 if you’re using Windows 7. That’s because this version was discontinued and you’ll not be getting any system updates. So, upgrade to Windows 10 and stay up-to-speed with any new feature being launched by Microsoft.