System requirements for installing Windows 11
System Requirements For Windows 11: These are the basic requirements for installing Windows 11 on a PC. If your device does not meet these requirements, you may not have the great experience intended with Windows 11 and might want to consider purchasing a new PC. Microsoft just said that there won’t be any versions of Windows after Windows 10. Windows 10 is designed to evolve and change over time instead of having a new version of Windows come out and replace the existing version. I was a beta tester for Windows 10 so I’ve used it a year longer than the General Public but Windows 10 has changed a great deal since it was released. I believe the plan is to have incremental upgrades and one major upgrade every year, that introduces new applications and capabilities. For example, I?ve heard that they are introducing a new application incorporated into windows that will allow for 3D graphics creation.
Windows 11 System requirements?:
- RAM : 1GB for 32 bit, 2GB for 64 bit.
- Hard disk space : 16 GB for 32 bit, 20 GB for 64 bit.
- CPU : 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.
- Screen resolution : 800 x 600.
- Graphics : Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard drive size
32GB or larger hard disk
Note: See below under ?More information on hard drive space to install or update Windows 11? for more details.
Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
System Requirements For Windows 11: Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features. Windows 11 Pro in S mode, Windows 11 Pro Education in S mode, Windows 11 Education in S mode, and Windows 11 Enterprise in S mode require an internet connection during the initial device setup (Out of Box Experience or OOBE), as well as either a Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Activity Directory (AAD) account. Switching a device out of Windows 11 in S mode also requires internet connectivity. Learn more about S mode here.
Feature of Windows 11
System Requirements For Windows 11: In addition to the requirements above that are needed to run Windows, some features have additional requirements. In some cases, features included with updated versions of Windows 10 will be best experienced with newer processors. For specific hardware support please refer to your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Below are some additional details regarding requirements for key features:
- BitLocker Drive Encryption?(available with Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise only) requires a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or higher and Trusted Computing Group (TCG)-compliant BIOS or UEFI. BitLocker can be used on devices without TPM, but you will need to save a startup key on a removable device such as a USB flash drive. TPM 2.0 and InstantGo support is required when you want to automatically encrypt the local drive when joining a device to Azure Active Directory (AAD). Check with your PC manufacturer to confirm if your device supports the correct TPM version and InstantGo for the scenario you want to enable.
- BitLocker To Go?requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).
- Client Hyper-V?requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (available in Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).
- Cortana?is only currently available on Windows 10 for the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Canada, Spain, Australia and India.
- Microsoft account?is required for some features.
- Miracast?requires a display adapter which supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3, and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Movies & TV?application is not available in all regions. For the most up-to-date list of regions, please go to the?Movies & TV?information page.
- Secure boot?requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database.
- Skype?is available only in select countries and regions. Calling to select countries and regions only. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers. For details, visit the?Office FAQ page.
- Snap: The number of applications that can be snapped will depend upon the minimum resolution for the application with a limit of two applications in Tablet mode and four applications in Desktop mode.
- Speech recognition?will vary by device microphone. For a better speech experience, you will need a:
- High fidelity microphone array
- Hardware driver with microphone array geometry exposed
- Tablet mode?is available on tablets and 2-in-1s with GPIO indicators or those that have a laptop and slate indicator will be able to be configured to enter “tablet mode” automatically.
- Touch: To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication?requires the use of a PIN, Biometric (finger print reader or illuminated infrared camera), or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Windows Hello?requires a camera configured for near infrared (IR) imaging or fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a PIN or a portable Microsoft compatible security key.
- Xbox?application requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions. For the most up-to-date list of regions, please go to?Xbox Live Countries and Regions website.
- Wi-Fi Direct Printing?requires a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct and a device that supports Wi-Fi Direct Printing.