One way is to use a QR code. You can generate a QR code for your Wi-Fi network using a variety of online tools. Once you have generated the QR code, you can share it with others by printing it out or sending it to them via email or text message. When they scan the QR code with their device, they will be automatically connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Another way to share Wi-Fi without giving out your password is to use a guest network. Guest networks are separate networks that are created specifically for guests. They have their own name and password, which you can share with guests without giving them access to your main Wi-Fi network.
Finally, you can also share Wi-Fi without giving out your password by using a hotspot. A hotspot is a device that creates a Wi-Fi network from your cellular data. You can use a hotspot to share your cellular data with others, without giving them your Wi-Fi password.
Here are the steps on how to share Wi-Fi using QR code:
- On your device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap the name of your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share button.
- Select the option to generate a QR code.
- The QR code will be displayed on your screen.
- You can now share the QR code with others.
Here are the steps on how to share Wi-Fi using guest network:
- On your router, log in to the admin panel.
- Go to the Wireless Settings page.
- Find the Guest Network option.
- Enable the Guest Network option.
- Enter a name and password for the Guest Network.
- Save your changes.
- Now you can share the name and password of the Guest Network with others.
Here are the steps on how to share Wi-Fi using hotspot:
- On your device, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Hotspot & Tethering.
- Toggle on the Hotspot switch.
- Select the name and password for your hotspot.
- Your device will now create a Wi-Fi network from your cellular data.
- You can now share the name and password of your hotspot with others.
It is important to note that sharing Wi-Fi without giving out your password can be a security risk. If you are not careful, others may be able to access your network and steal your data. Therefore, it is important to only share your Wi-Fi with people you trust.
Terry White is a professional technical writer, WordPress developer, Web Designer, Software Engineer, and Blogger. He strives for pixel-perfect design, clean robust code, and a user-friendly interface. If you have a project in mind and like his work, feel free to contact him