What is HTML?
The Hypertext Markup language, which is abbreviated as HTML, is regarded by most web developers as the basic building block of the World Wide Web.
Developed by: WHATWG
Initial release: 1993; 29 years ago
Latest release: Living Standard; 2022
Container for: HTML elements
Contained by: Web browser
Extended from: SGML
Extended to: XHTML
It was invented by Tim Berners Lee alongside Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). The latter is a set of rules that client and server computers use to communicate while exchanging information.
Typically, a client computer sends a request for information to a server that checks to see whether the information is available and afterward, sends an appropriate response to the client’s web browser. HTML is a common language that is understood by all computers that access the World Wide Web through web browser software. It is, therefore, the foundation on which all websites are built.
- HyperText Markup Language
- Define the Structure of Web pages using the tag
- Building blocks of HTML pages
- Represented by tags
- What is HTML5 ?
- List out the new features of HTML5?
- List out the advantages of HTML5 ?
- What is HTML5 Geolocation?
- What is the use of LocalStorage in HTML5 ?
- What is use of ‘canvas’ tag in HTML5?
- What are web workers in HTML5?
- What are the rules established for HTML5 ?
- What is MathML in Html5?
- Is HTML5 tags are case sensitive?
- What is Canvas in HTML5 ? How to write a Canvas ?
- What use of the article tag in HTML5?
- What is Graphics in HTML5?
- What are Server-Sent Events in HTML5?
- What is Microdata in HTML5?
- List different types of API’s available in HTML5?
- List some new tags introduced in HTML5?
- List some tags that are removed completely from HTML5?
- What is < !DOCTYPE>? Is it necessary to use in HTML5 ?
- What is the sessionStorage Object in HTML5 ? How to create and access?
- What is the difference between Html5 application cache and regulate Html browser cache?
- What are the new Apis provided by the Html5 standard? Give a brief description of each
- Can you list the new input type attributes in HTML5 ?
- What is header and footer in HTML5?