Difference between Angular 4 and angular 6: As it has been observed that there are only a few significant variations between Angular 4 and Angular 6 that affect code. HTTP module and service have been upgraded to HttpClient, and rxjs versions have improved, while a majority of the updates remain hidden. The variations between all Angular versions are negligible to the regular developer because they are minimal, or there are new ways of working that function with almost 99 percent of the old ones.
Learn About the Difference between Angular 4 and angular 6
What is Angular 4?
Following the announcement of Angular 2, the next major Angular update, Angular 4, was released in 2017. With Angular 4, you can take full advantage of all of those features and begin creating amazing applications.
The features that arrived in the new angular 4 include, the first one is the modification in the core library. The other features included in it are-
- Angular 4 is basically the next version of Angular 2, with almost the same underlying definition and inheritance from the previous version.
- A lot of performance improvements have been made to reduce the size of the code produced by the AOT compiler.
- Typescript 2.1 & 2.2 compliant — Angular 4 applications support all ts 2.1 & 2.2 features.
- To minimize bundle size and boost efficiency, animation features are differentiated from @angular/core and moved to @angular/animation. Don’t integrate @animation packages into the application.
- Introduced the Else block in *ngIf: -rather than coding two ngIf for else, merely add the following code to the function template
- *ngIf=”yourCondition; else myFalsyTemplate”“<ng-template #myFalsyTemplate>Else Html</ng-template>”
What is Angular 6?
Angular 6 is nearly identical to Angular 5 and was released in April 2018. It works with Angular 5 and is backward compatible. Angular 5 projects will run with Angular 5 without any problems.
Some of the new features added to angular 6 are-
- Angular CLI (Command Line Interface) has been modified. New commands have been introduced, such as ng-update, which allows you to switch from a previous version to the current version. ng-add allows you to easily add features to your app and transform it into a dynamic web app.
- CDK (Component Development Kit) has been updated. Allows you to build custom UI elements without having to use the Angular Content Library. Sensitive web design templates are sponsored.
- New Tree component added to Angular Content, mat-tree for a styled version, and CDK-tree for an unstyled version, to represent a hierarchy system like a tree.
- RxJS, a reactive JS library, is used
- Angular Feature makes it possible to publish Angular Components as Web Components, which can then be included in any HTML tab. Native custom elements can be easily generated with the Angular Element kit.
Based on the features the difference between angular 4 and angular 6, is quite notable. The modification or changes in both have been processed in ways to give a better version than the previous one.
While there aren’t too many differences between Angular 4 and Angular 6, there are a few things you can do to switch from v4 to v6.
8 Benefits of Using AngularJS for Web App Development
- Easy to Learn
- It has a Two-Way Binding Feature
- Supports SPA features
- Has a Declarative UI.
- Supported by Google
- Allows for Optimal Web Application Management
- It is a Powerful Framework
- Real-Time Testing:
Reasons to learn Angular in 2020
One of the main benefits of using Angular is that it is supported by Google that sticks with it and further scales up the Angular ecosystem. The Google team is very optimistic about Angular’s stability and offers a great opportunity to learn from certified professionals.